Welcome

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Who gets the credit?

"Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness." (Psalm 115:1) How often do we help someone or try to hold ourselves back from sin in order to look good? Maybe it's to look good in front of others, to make us feel better about ourselves, or to impress God. More often than not it's about looking good rather than serving Jesus whole-heartedly. I saw a quote that said, "Even though you do the right thing, do you do it in the right way?" (Found in Footprints by Margaret Fishback Powers) Do you serve others out of your love for Jesus, or to get attention?Many of us have heard Colossians 3:23-24, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." You could skim that quote and verse and say, "Aw that was sweet." But I challenged you to study them. Let me ask you this question: How would you live your life if Jesus were standing by you? Would you say, "I want all the attention! I want to be recognized!" Or would you give it all to Jesus? We sometimes forget that whatever we do, it is God working through us. Philippians 4:13 reminds us that, "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." It doesn't say, "I can do everything, and Jesus just helps me sometimes when I'm tired." No! It says through Him who gives me strength. If Jesus is the very reason we sometimes can not sin and do good, then shouldn't He get all the credit?

Leave A Prayer Request

We believe that prayer is powerful! Please leave your prayer requests as comments on the most resent post. We will then post them to our prayer page so that other visitors can see them and pray for you or your loved ones too! Feel free to post them anonymously.