Welcome

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Serving Him with Love

"If I could speak in any language in heaven or on earth but didn't love others, I would only be making meaningless noise like a loud gong or a clanging cymbal. If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I knew all the mysteries of the future and knew everything about everything, but didn't love others, what good would I be? And if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, without love I would be no good to anybody. If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boat about it; but if I didn't love others, I would be of no value whatsoever." (1 Corinthians 13:1-3) During the past few weeks, Jesus and I have been working on my heart. I am good at doing good things, but am I doing them for the right reason? I had a post on that topic a few days ago; God has really put it on my heart to make sure I am serving Him with love, not just obediance. Many times we feel like we have to earn God's approval. Maybe you think He will love you more, or at least be happier with you. The truth is God will never love you more or less than He does at this very second. Romans 3:23 reminds us that, "For all have sinned; all fall short of God's glorious standard." Every single one of us has failed to meet God's expectations. What are God's expectations? Perfection. That's where Jesus comes in. He took our punishment on Himself. You might be thinking, "Um what does this have to do with your topic?" When we realize that we are sinners, and nothing we could possible do will bring us to God's standard, we can have peace. Peace knowing that Jesus paid our price, and that God now sees His glory in us instead of our sin. We can start serving God with joy and thankfulness, instead of trying to live up to His standard. Over and over again He reminds me, "Who are you doing this for?" I answer, "I am doing this for You!" But then here is when He gets me: "Why are you doing this for me?" I pray that one day, with complete sincerity and passion, I will shout, "Because I love you!"

Leave A Prayer Request

We believe that prayer is powerful! Please leave your prayer requests as comments on the most resent post. We will then post them to our prayer page so that other visitors can see them and pray for you or your loved ones too! Feel free to post them anonymously.