Welcome

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Do we put our trust in Jesus or in this world?

A few days ago, I read Faith by John Wycliffe in school and was so inspired. Here is an excerpt:

"While Peter had true faith, he went upon the sea as upon dry land; but when the firmness of his faith failed, he began to sink, and therefore Christ reproved him as of little faith. Thus it fares with us, who are staggering and unsteadfast with the wind of each temptation or fear. Therefore, brethren, let us set all our belief and full trust on Him, Who is Almighty, and not in any vain thing may fail in any time. Trust we steadfastly that nothing may grieve us farther than He will suffer it, and all things which He sendeth come for the best. And let no wealth of this failing world, neither tribulation, draw our hearts from firm belief in God. Let us not put our belief or trust in charms, or in dreams, or any other fantasies, but only in Almighty God."

As I was thinking whether I put my faith and trust only on my perfect Savior and not on the things of this world, I thought of the hymn The Solid Rock:

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ the solid Rock I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.

This hymn is one of my favorites; it is so beautiful! It makes me ask myself, "Do I built my hope on anything other than Jesus?" He is always faithful, and I want to encourage you all not to put your faith and trust on anything other than Him. Psalm 37:3 says, "Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness." The world says it has all we need: money, fame, possessions, entertainment, "happiness," popularity, success, and the list goes on. However, do you notice Someone who is missing? Jesus! Do you know what Jesus promises? He promises: eternal life, joy, peace, strength, mercy, grace, His constant guidance and power, and so much more! What the world promises pales in comparison to what Jesus promises. As we go about our day today, let's put our entire trust in our perfect Savior!

Leave A Prayer Request

We believe that prayer is powerful! Please leave your prayer requests as comments on the most resent post. We will then post them to our prayer page so that other visitors can see them and pray for you or your loved ones too! Feel free to post them anonymously.