Welcome

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

"Be the moon. Reflect the SON."

You may have seen the phrase, "Be the moon. Reflect the SON." before. (I've seen it on t-shirts.) Anyways, I thought it would be a great title for this weeks post as we are talking about being lights for Jesus. We are commanded to reflect Jesus! "“I, the Lord, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand.  I will keep   you and will make you to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,  7 to open eyes that are blind,  to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness." Isaiah 42:6-7 "In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven." Matthew 5:16 We are told to show Him to the world! What an awesome job!!! We are to show Jesus off to the world. How? By acting as He would have us to and proclaiming His Holy Name! While this is an amazing job it's not easy. At least not for me. Some days I'm in a bad mood (ask my younger siblings...) and I react with anger. (I'm not proud of it, but it's the truth.) Is that reflecting Jesus? Nope! Some days I just want to have fun and do whatever I want weather or not it reflects Christ. Yup, it's hard, but (get ready for my favorite saying) it's the hard things that are worth it! What do you think is more pleasing to God? You serving Him joyfully when you're having a great day or serving Him joyfully on those days when nothing is going right? You got it! The bad days! Obviously anytime you glorify and reflect Him it brings Him joy, but it's the bad days when it's hard that bring the most! It's the days when I decide to be joyful and give praise even though things aren't going my way. Some thing tells me that the day Jesus died on the cross for all of us He wasn't having a great day. Had I been the one on the cross,I would have been angry , angry at the people who were doing that to me! Jesus on the other hand says,"Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing." Luke 23:34 So, how can we reflect HIM? By forgiving, loving, being joyful, and giving all glory to HIM! Will we have bad days? Yes! Do we have to let bad days stop us from reflecting Him? No! With Him we can do all things! We can shine in the rain!

Leave A Prayer Request

We believe that prayer is powerful! Please leave your prayer requests as comments on the most resent post. We will then post them to our prayer page so that other visitors can see them and pray for you or your loved ones too! Feel free to post them anonymously.