Welcome

Friday, March 23, 2012

Not "I hope you live!" But "I will make you live!"

These past few weeks, I have spend hours helping my mom plant trees in our yard, and once again God has shown me an example of His unending love and faithfulness. As soon as we had the first tree planted, my mom said, "I hope you live!" Because trees and vegetation are often used as examples in the Bible, I decided to think of the similarities and differences between my mom and I growing trees, and us growing in God. One thing really stood out to me. Yes, our Father plants us in firm, excellent soil (His Word and Truth); and fills us up with water (His living water); and buries us in mulch to help us grow (His love and guidance). But I have never heard Him say, "I hope you live!" We are never left wondering and worrying whether we will make it through the storms. We are never left alone. God is always right beside us; He is our perfect shelter and He will never leave us. Yes, He says there will be storms, but He also reminds us that nothing can separate us from His love. (Romans 8:38-39) Instead of saying, "I hope you live, Child!" , He declares, "I will restore you and make you live!" (Isaiah 38:16)

Leave A Prayer Request

We believe that prayer is powerful! Please leave your prayer requests as comments on the most resent post. We will then post them to our prayer page so that other visitors can see them and pray for you or your loved ones too! Feel free to post them anonymously.